Your MS Library
Learning about multiple sclerosis can be a challenge, leaving you with many questions, and not quite sure which information you can trust. Part of our mission at Virginia Mason's Multiple Sclerosis Clinic is to be a resource for patients, families and caregivers, and other health care professionals. Here are some links to trusted resources about MS. Check back periodically as more resources will be added.
Websites About MS:
- National MS Society (NMSS)
- Greater Northwest Chapter
- Accelerated Cure Project for MS
- Multiple Sclerosis Foundation
- MSAA MRI Institute
Books About MS:
- Mental Sharpening Stones: Manage the Cognitive Challenges of Multiple Sclerosis. Jeffrey N. Gingold. 2009. Demos Medical Publishing, LLC.
- Multiple Sclerosis: 300 tips for making life easier. Shelley Peterman Schwarz. 2006. Demos Medical Publishing, LLC.
- Multiple Sclerosis — the history of a disease. T. Jock Murray. 2005. Demos Medical Publishing, LLC.
- Multiple Sclerosis for Dummies. R. Kalb, N. Holland, B. Giesser. 2007. Wiley Publishing, Inc. Complementary and Alternative Medicine and Multiple Sclerosis, Second Edition. AC Bowling. 2007. Demos Medical Publishing, LLC.
- The MS Workbook. RT Fraser, et al. 2006. New Harbinger Publications, Inc.
- MS and Your Feelings. A Shadday. 2007. Hunter House.
Financial Assistance Programs (Disease Modifying Therapies):
- MS Active Source
- MS Lifelines
- MS Pathways
- Shared Solutions
- Accorda Therapeutics
- Biogen Idec
- Gilenya Go Program
- Needy Meds
Washington State Insurance Commissioner
Consumer Guide to Health Insurance
LifeWise Health Plan of Washington
Washington Health Plan
Washington State Health Insurance Pool