Your Care is Important to Us
The Edmonds location is experiencing very high demand for care in our family medicine/primary care department. We are working hard to increase options for our patients and are adding providers to the team. This will take some time as we strive to ensure the highest quality providers join our team. The health and well-being of our community are important to us and we are doing everything possible to provide care to those who need us. We are doing a number of things to help prioritize and manage the volume of request for care:
- Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Edmonds providers currently are not accepting new patients.
- If you are a brand new primary care patient to Virginia Mason and/or have not been seen in the last 3 years at a Virginia Mason location in primary care and you are interested in establishing care in family practice at Edmonds, please visit this website to add yourself to a waitlist. Once there are additional primary care providers accepting new patients, we will contact patients on the waitlist to schedule an appointment to establish care.
- If you are an existing adult patient (age 18+) of a provider that has recently departed Edmonds, it may take some time to re-establish with another provider. We suggest exploring providers excepting new patients at other Virginia Mason Franciscan Health (VMFH) locations in the region.
- For obstetric care (mothers expecting/planning a future birth) and for pediatric patients, there are less available care options in the region with Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Edmonds is still an option that may best meet your needs. To schedule an appointment, call 425-775-9474.
- For adult patients (age 18+) of recently departed providers that specifically would like to continue to receive your primary care at the Edmonds locations, please wait to re-establish with a new primary care provider if you have not already. We want to ensure you have continuous care, and will send a message to all patients once additional providers have been hired. Edmonds remains an option for your episodic/acute needs but also please feel free to explore other options within VMFH when scheduling. There are a variety of VMFH resources in the region.
- Please try to schedule an appointment before using the walk-in clinic at Edmonds. Many of your needs can be met using available video visit or in-person appointments across our system. If you do need to use the walk-in clinic, please note that the last patient seen is at 6:45 p.m., Monday-Friday and 3:45 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Please use the walk-in clinic earlier in the day if possible.
- If experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms and you need an appointment, please schedule a visit to be seen virtually. Please do not come to the Edmonds location if you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms unless directed by staff or a provider. Present directly to the respiratory clinic on the ground floor at Edmonds using the north entrance.
- Please be patient with our staff and providers. We are experiencing a very high volume of calls and portal messages. We are doing our best to meet your needs. Please self-schedule through your MyVirginiaMason online portal when possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this high demand time.
Your Virginia Mason Franciscan Health Edmonds Care Team