Our goal is provide transgender and non-binary patients with gender-affirming services that are evidence-based care with an individualized approach to meet your personal goals and needs. Virginia Mason is proud to provide skilled and compassionate health care services with our multidisciplinary team in a welcome and supportive environment.
We respect how individualized and private gender transition is and that many patients have questions about approaches or the elements of gender transition. Our team utilizes the World Professional Association for Transgender Health Guidelines (WPATH) as well as clinical guidelines within each specialty to work together to help achieve optimal health and well-being for our patients.
Transgender Health Care
- All staff are required to treat any information about a patient’s sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status as confidential patient information, unless the patient has given written permission to share this information.
- We strive to offer the most welcoming space, including restroom facilities, for all of our patients that are physically accessible and open to people of any gender. Our campus offers options for patients and visitors by offering single-occupant gender neutral restrooms in addition to our multi-stall restrooms. Please use whatever restroom you feel most comfortable in and look for our signage that will help direct you to single-occupant restrooms.
- All-gender restrooms are located in the following public areas:
- Health Resources Building, Level 1
- Central Pavilion, Levels 5, 7, 8
- Jones Pavilion, Levels 7, 9, 11, 18
- Buck Pavilion, Level 8