Virginia Mason is proud to provide skilled and compassionate health care services to transgender and gender variant patients in a welcoming and supportive environment. Depending on each patient’s preferences, we also welcome partners, spouses, family and friends to be part of the programs and services we provide.
Our goal is to partner with patients to assure they receive the best primary and transgender-related care for all their needs, including many skilled surgical services. We also work with organizations and other clinics serving the LGBTQ communities in Washington state.
No matter what your needs or where you are in your health care journey, Virginia Mason is here to help you achieve optimal health and well-being.
Transgender Health Care
- Our providers and staff members are specially trained in providing care to transgender patients.
- We strive to treat all patients with respect, equity and compassion.
- Patients will be asked how they prefer to be addressed according to their self-identified gender.
- All staff are required to treat any information about a patient’s sexual orientation, gender identity or transgender status as confidential patient information,
unless the patient has given written permission to share this information.
- We will help coordinate your health care services and provide referrals when needed.
- Patient Financial Navigators are available to provide information and assist with insurance, billing and medical
- We have all-gender restrooms located in the following public areas:
- Health Resources Building, Level 1
- Central Pavilion, Levels 5, 7, 8
- Jones Pavilion, Levels 7, 9, 11, 18
- Buck Pavilion, Level 8
Learn more about our providers and service locations.
To schedule an appointment with one of our providers, please contact the department’s scheduling team.