Thyroid Cancer Clinical Trials
Virginia Mason is relentlessly devoted to providing excellent health care. This commitment includes conducting clinical research studies that may improve the way we diagnose, treat and prevent disease. Benaroya Research Institute oversees all clinical research at Virginia Mason and BRI, uniquely combining the expertise of a world-renowned medical research institute with the remarkable care of a healthcare quality leader.
The Floyd and Delores Jones Cancer Institute at Virginia Mason has been providing cancer patients with access to clinical trials for more than 20 years. The goal of our clinical research program is to provide each of our patients with a research option at every step of their disease, from initial diagnosis to long-term follow-up. Our trials include the use of chemotherapy, radiation and targeted therapies, as well quality of life/symptom management trials.
Virginia Mason Cancer Clinical Research Highlights
- Virginia Mason and BRI were one of the original Community Clinical Oncology Programs (CCOP) beginning in 1983
- Developed one of the first Breast Cancer Detection Clinics and participated in the pivotal multicenter clinical trial validating tamoxifen as prevention therapy for women at high risk of breast cancer
- Through investigator-initiated protocol, became the first site in the Pacific Northwest to offer Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT) treatment for breast cancer patients
- Participated in the pivotal Provenge clinical trials, establishing the first cancer treatment vaccine for prostate cancer
- The Virginia Mason Pancreatic Center of Excellence aims to achieve the finest outcomes in the world for pancreas disease patients using the latest advances in treatment, research, and a multidisciplinary team approach. Our research program offers vaccine studies, novel chemo and radiation therapy trials. We offer research treatment options to patients, from initial diagnosis through their third and fourth line treatments.
For more information on our clinical research studies, please consider joining our clinical research.
For more information about cancer clinical trials at Benaroya Research Institute, please contact Cancer Clinical Research at (206) 287-6270.