Weight Loss Get Healthy Series
Our medically supervised team weight loss Get Healthy series consists of group visits led by a team of providers who offer coaching and tools for successful weight loss. The group will be facilitated physician, a registered dietitian nutritionist and a behavioral specialist.
Typical team appointment topics include:
- Program introduction, current weight assessment and goal setting. Role of goals.
- Portion sizes, carbohydrates, proteins, fats and alcohol. Introduction to meal planning. Role of nutrition in sustaining new habits.
- Getting to know your hunger. Physical vs non-physical hunger.
- The concept of 5S – clearing out your kitchen. The role of a safe environment in preventing slips and lapses.
- Nutrition labels. Trouble times and places. Function of denial in regaining weight – importance of tracking your intake and weight.
- Activity and exercise. Overcoming roadblocks to physical activity.
- Eating out healthfully. Your maintenance plan. Behavioral strategies for high risk situation.