Specialty pharmacies provide patients with a broader range of services than what is normally provided by traditional pharmacies. These pharmacies dispense medications that treat complex, chronic or rare conditions such as:
- HIV and AIDS
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Infectious Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Many of these medications are not readily available at your local pharmacy, and may require special handling and storage. They may also require ongoing monitoring for safety and effectiveness, and are often high cost. The Virginia Mason Georgetown Pharmacy provides these medications to you while also offering excellent customer service and clinical support.
Specialty Pharmacy Services
Our accredited specialty pharmacy services include a team of highly trained pharmacists, technicians, nurses, and other patient care and disease management team members. We work in close partnership with your health care providers to offer comprehensive patient education, ensure appropriate medication use, including symptom management, and help patients connect with resources to provide financial assistance with out-of-pocket costs. For more information, please call us at (206) 341-3300.
Specialty Medication Process at Virginia Mason
- Getting Started — Your provider will send the prescription to the Virginia Mason Georgetown Pharmacy. Our team will begin the process of enrolling you in our personalized specialty pharmacy service.
- Insurance Navigation — Our team will contact your insurance company to request coverage of the medication. This process is often called a “prior authorization.”
- Financial Assistance — The price for a specialty pharmacy medication may still be high, even if your insurance company pays the majority of the cost. Our patient advocate team will research various financial assistance options to help lower your drug therapy cost.
- Clinical Support — A clinical pharmacist or nurse will help you learn about your medication, either during your clinic visit, when picking up your medication at the pharmacy, or over the telephone. We will provide a variety of clinical pharmacy services to provide support during your treatment.
- Prescription Delivery — We will contact you to determine whether you would prefer to pick up at one of our four pharmacy locations or if would like your medication delivered.
- Refill Reminders — We will call you with refill reminders for your medication.
- Tools for Success — We provide medication-specific tools for success, including patient education sheets, pillboxes, sharps containers, and other items to help you succeed with your drug therapy.
- 5959 Corson Ave. S., Suite C-1
- Seattle, WA 98108
- Local: (206) 341-3300
- Toll-free: (877) 727-9705
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.