Medical Students, Residencies and Fellowships
Virginia Mason is a premier teaching hospital that offers postgraduate education programs through our Graduate Medical Education Department, several clinical departments and the pharmacy residency program.
Graduate Medical Education (GME)
All GME postgraduate training programs are fully approved by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). These residency programs include Anesthesiology, Diagnostic Radiology, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Transitional Year and Pain Medicine. Learn more about Graduate Medical Education >>
- Verifications (employment, licensure, boards)
- Medical Students on Campus (including application form)
Fellowship Opportunities in Clinical Departments
The following non-accredited postgraduate medical education opportunities are offered through clinical departments. These opportunities are not a part of the GME Department at Virginia Mason.
- Fellowship Opportunities in Digestive Disease
- Fellowship Opportunities in HepatoPancreatoBiliary Surgery (accredited by The Fellowship Council)
- Fellowship Opportunities in Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Fellowship Opportunities in Pelvic Surgery
- Fellowship Opportunities in Regional Anesthesia
- Fellowship Opportunities in Urology
Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency Program
The Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency Program at Virginia Mason is an accredited program with the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). The program is a one-year, post-graduate, educational training experience designed to provide pharmacists with clinical and administrative expertise in all aspects of pharmacy practice. This program is not a part of the GME Department at Virginia Mason. Learn more about the PGY1 Pharmacy Residency >>