Refer a Stroke Patient
To refer a patient to a neurologist, neurosurgeon or radiologists at the Virginia Mason Stoke Center, please call (206) 341-0420 or (877) 333-0122. We also have an online Refer a Patient Form. You can fax medical records and information to (800) 641-9002.
At Virginia Mason, appropriate care starts the moment the stroke team is alerted that a patient is on the way to the Emergency Department. Every second counts, and outcomes from our stroke emergency care are among the best in the country. In fact, we are one of the few hospitals in the Northwest to be certified as a comprehensive stroke center.
Our stroke center does not have the highest volume of stroke patients in Washington state. And we don’t take an assembly-line approach to care. Instead, we are a certified comprehensive stroke center that focuses on each individual’s medical care, personal goals, rehabilitation and family situation.
At our Comprehensive Stroke Center, we have:
- Endovascular Lab
- One-to-one care level for acute stoke patients
- RAPID stroke treatment
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA) Clinic
Experts staffing our comprehensive stroke center include:
- Interventional radiologists
- Endovascular neurosurgeons
- Neuro-interventional radiologists
- Intensive care physicians
- Emergency Department physicians
- Critical care nurses
- Respiratory therapists
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
Virginia Mason is a recognized leader in stroke care, including:
- Expert staff seven days a week, 24 hours a day
- International accredited registrar and classification society DNV- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- GOLD PLUS from American Stroke Association