Recognized for Quality
Virginia Mason has received numerous awards and much recognition for our efforts to improve patient safety and quality of care. Below are recent highlights.
- Virginia Mason is ranked among the top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation for Gastrointestinal Care and General Surgery by Healthgrades.
- Virginia Mason receives the 2020 Digital Health Most Wired recognition for its use of digital and information technology.
- Virginia Mason receives the 2020 Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Experience.
- Virginia Mason receives the Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ for the eighth consecutive year, placing the medical center among the top 5 percent of hospitals nationwide for patient experience.
- Virginia Mason receives an ‘A’ for the 17th consecutive time in the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade program for preventing medical errors and other harms.
- Virginia Mason receives the 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Experience from Press Ganey Associates.
- Virginia Mason earns an ‘A’ in the fall 2019 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade and is one of only 36 hospitals in the nation to have received the highest grade possible in every grading cycle since the Leapfrog program began in 2012.
- Virginia Mason receives the Most Wired award for the eighth straight year for using information technology to support and improve the delivery of care.
- Virginia Mason is designated as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality in the 2019 Healthcare Equality Index.
- Virginia Mason receives another “A” for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group.
- For the seventh consecutive year, Virginia Mason receives the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from Healthgrades.
- Virginia Mason is ranked No. 44 among 226 hospitals in the United States included on the 2019 list of the World’s Best Hospitals compiled by Newsweek.com.
- Virginia Mason received the 2019 Seattle Business magazine Leaders in Health Care: Washington Health Alliance Community Checkup Award. The award was presented to medical centers that consistently rank in the top five of the annual Community Checkup Report.
- At the 11th annual Seattle Business magazine Leaders in Health Care Awards, three Virginia Mason executives were honored: Gary S. Kaplan, MD, Chairman and CEO, Virginia Mason, received the Lifetime Achievement Award; Brian Knowles, Executive Director, Bailey-Boushay House, received Outstanding Medical Center or Hospital Executive, Puget Sound; and Russ Myers, CEO, Virginia Mason Memorial, received Outstanding Medical Center or Hospital Executive, Outside Puget Sound.
- Virginia Mason received the 2019 America’s 50 Best Hospitals Award from Healthgrades, making this the third straight year the medical center has earned this prestigious recognition for clinical excellence.
- Virginia Mason became the first medical center in the Pacific Northwest to earn designation as a Donor Care Network Center of Excellence by the National Kidney Registry.