Preventive Care and Wellness
At Virginia Mason, the Wellness Visit is dedicated to preventive measures and routine screening for medical conditions which can be improved with early detection and positive lifestyle practices.
Together you and your provider will determine which screening tests are appropriate for you and how to best support your health goals.
Wellness is a gift to yourself and your family. We encourage you to schedule a Wellness Visit, learn about preventive health measures and make them part of your daily life.
Below is a list of commonly recommended interventions. Based on your particular health conditions, your provider may recommend testing at different frequencies, or may recommend not doing a particular test.
Cancer Screening Videos
Considered for Everyone
- Depression Screening — Age 12+, Annually
- Hepatitis Screening — As Appropriate
- HIV Screening — As Appropriate
- Influenza Vaccination — Annually
- STI Screening — As Appropriate
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap) Vaccine — Adults, Every 10 Years
Female at Birth (in addition to that above)
- Cervical Cancer Screening — Every Three Years, at Minimum
- Cervical Cancer and HPV Screening — Every Five Years
Male at Birth (in addition to that above)
- Diabetes Screening — If Overweight or Obese