Clinic Pharmacy Services
Virginia Mason's primary care pharmacists are the drug expert of your health care team and provide a wide range of medication management services. The pharmacists work directly with your doctors to develop a personalized medication plan, utilizing your medical record so that every aspect of your care is considered. They look for opportunities to reduce costs, side effects and drug interactions, and ensure your medication plan is aligned with current best practices — all providing you with the best possible outcomes.
Clinic pharmacy services at Virginia Mason include:
- Anticoagulation Management — Pharmacists provide coordinated care for patients taking the blood-thinning medication warfarin (Coumadin®).
- Blood Pressure and Cholesterol Management — Pharmacists manage medications and provide education to help you achieve your goal blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Diabetes Management — Pharmacists manage medications, provide education, and train you on the use of diabetes-related supplies to help you achieve your goal blood sugar.
- Medication Reviews — Pharmacists meet with you to asses all of your prescription and non-prescription medications, herbal products and dietary supplements. This helps identify, prevent, and resolve medication-related problems. Learn more about medication reviews.
- Refill Authorization — Pharmacists thoroughly review your medication history when you request a prescription refill.
Clinic pharmacy services are available at the following locations:
- Virginia Mason Hospital & Seattle Medical Center
- Virginia Mason Bainbridge Island Medical Center
- Virginia Mason Bellevue Medical Center
- Virginia Mason Federal Way Medical Center
- Virginia Mason Issaquah Medical Center
- Virginia Mason Kirkland Medical Center
- Virginia Mason Lynnwood Medical Center
Ask the clinic pharmacist at your specific clinic location or your primary care provider for more information.