Patients & Visitors
Entering Our Facilities
To ensure our facilities are safe places, please note the following:
- We ask that you arrive with a face covering; if you do not have a face covering, one will be provided to you upon entrance
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while in our facilities
- Please note that valved facemasks must be replaced or covered
For patients who have clinic appointments, please limit nonessential companions to a single individual (with the exception of two parents/caregivers for patients two and under). We further ask that the companion be free of symptoms (fever, cough or respiratory symptoms).
Your safety, and the safety of your family and friends, is a top priority at Virginia Mason. In early March we made a difficult decision to restrict hospital visitation due to the rise of COVID-19 in our community in an effort to limit the potential spread of disease to patients and team members. This has been a challenging period as engaging families and loved ones in the healing process is core to our care philosophy.
As the state progresses in reopening, we are now allowing one designated visitor for most hospitalized patients. For the safety of all, please follow the guidelines below.
- We ask that you limit the number of visitors to one designated visitor per day, with the exception of two parents/caregivers for patients two years old and under.
- All visitors will be screened at entry to the facility for symptoms of respiratory illness. Only visitors who have no symptoms will be allowed to enter the hospital.
- Virginia Mason has a mandatory masking policy that applies to all team members and visitors.
- All visitors MUST wear a face covering while in the hospital facility. Please bring your own face covering and wear it when entering. If you do not have a face covering we will supply you with one upon entry.
- Use hand gel when entering and leaving the facility and patient roo.
- Stay in the patient room during the visit, except for patient privacy or use of the restroom.
- No visitors under the age of 16.
- No visitors will be allowed in rooms of patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 or who are awaiting test results for COVID-19 except for visitors of patients nearing end-of-life, for which we have special guidelines to ensure safety.
Team members are available to keep you and others safe. Please follow their direction.
Visitation hours will be limited to 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Visiting a hospital and medical center can be a stressful time for both patients and visitors. Whether you come to Virginia Mason as a patient or visitor, we want you to know that we will do everything possible to ensure that your needs are met.
Use the following information to contact us, find information for patients, visitors or our locations:
- For Patients
- For Visitors
- Locations / Maps & Directions
- Telephone Numbers
- Billing & Insurance
- Financial Assistance
- Accommodations and Amenities
- Lost and Found Form
- Contact Us
If you are walking through our hospital or one of our clinics and need help, don't hesitate to ask for assistance from a Virginia Mason staff member.
For patients or visitors who are deaf, another option for contacting us is with TTY (800) 833-6384 / (206) 344-7984 or emailing Patient Relations at VMMC.Patient_Relations_SEATTLE@virginiamason.org.