Patients & Visitors
Important Information: Visitation and Appointments
As a response to the current community situation with COVID-19, we are temporarily suspending routine, in-person visits to our hospitalized patients. The decision to suspend hospital visits was difficult and made only after careful consideration.
We encourage family members and friends to use alternative ways to interact with their loved ones, including phone calls, Facetime, Skype and other means.
We recognize there are times when having a visitor or family member present is crucial. Visitors will be allowed based on the exceptions listed below:
- Patients who are unstable.
- Patients who are at the end of life may have two visitors.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one single-time visitor immediately after the procedure.
- Patients who are receiving care in our Centers of Excellence who have a traveling companion as part of their medical treatment team.
- Patients who are minors and those with limited decisional capacity may have a parent or guardian present.
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one visitor.
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care, may have one visitor.
Please note, approved visitors are subject to the following guidelines:
- Visitors will not be allowed if they have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath).
- Visitors allowed must stay in the patient’s room the entire time of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the medical center.
- Visitors under the age of 16 will not be allowed except under extraordinary circumstances, and no animals other than service animals are permitted.
Patients who have an appointment at a Virginia Mason clinic, laboratory, radiology, as well as those visiting the Emergency Department, may have one person accompany them, if necessary.
We appreciate your understanding during these uncertain times. Our goal is to protect you, your loved ones and our team members. If you have any questions, please contact your care team.
Out of an abundance of caution and given the COVID-19 community situation, the ability to self-schedule appointments in the patient portal (MyVirginiaMason) is currently unavailable.
Visiting a hospital and medical center can be a stressful time for both patients and visitors. Whether you come to Virginia Mason as a patient or visitor, we want you to know that we will do everything possible to ensure that your needs are met.
Use the following information to contact us, find information for patients, visitors or our locations:
- For Patients
- For Visitors
- Locations / Maps & Directions
- Telephone Numbers
- Billing & Insurance
- Financial Assistance
- Accommodations and Amenities
- Lost and Found Form
- Contact Us
If you are walking through our hospital or one of our clinics and need help, don't hesitate to ask for assistance from a Virginia Mason staff member.
For patients or visitors who are deaf, another option for contacting us is with TTY (800) 833-6384 / (206) 344-7984 or emailing Patient Relations at VMMC.Patient_Relations_SEATTLE@virginiamason.org.