Patient Transfer Center
Our dedicated Patient Transfer Center team is available to help you access our inpatient services and connect you to a Virginia Mason specialist within minutes. We will work with you and your patients to ensure the highest quality of care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Call us at (206) 341-1141
- Emergent Acute Stroke (< 24 hours stroke symptom onset): (844) 220-4673
Our highly qualified registered nurses will:
- Facilitate the necessary physician consults to assess patient condition and coordinate a safe care handoff
- Collect and document clinical information and prepare to receive the patient
- Facilitate the electronic transfer of images
- Keep you informed of the status of your transfer request
Information We Need:
- Referring provider’s name, contact number, and facility
- Patient’s demographic information, diagnosis, requested level of care needed, and medical specialty requested
Why transfer your patient to Virginia Mason?
Our specialty team of physicians and staff have a long-standing reputation of delivering top quality care. We work hard to ensure patients, as well as referring physicians, receive a high level of satisfaction with Virginia Mason services.
Virginia Mason has received the following awards and recognitions:
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center – one of the few hospitals in the Pacific Northwest equipped to treat every type of stroke, 24 hours a day.
- Recognized by Healthgrades as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for cardiac care, coronary intervention, pulmonary care, general surgery, gastrointestinal care and critical care.
- Leapfrog Group Top Hospital for the 15th consecutive year, based on an evaluation of quality and safety of more than 1,900 medical centers across the nation.
- Named a 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award winner by Press Ganey Associates, an Indiana-based company that develops, distributes and evaluates patient satisfaction surveys.
- Recognized as the only straight-A hospital in Washington state by The Leapfrog Group
- Designated as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality in the 2019 Healthcare Equality Index.
- Received the "America's 50 Best Hospitals" Award from Healthgrades, a leading online consumer resource for comprehensive information about hospitals and physicians.
- Named one of the top hospitals in the region and state by U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Program for eight consecutive years
- Received the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from Healthgrades seven consecutive years.
For families traveling long distances, the Inn at Virginia Mason and the Baroness Hotel are located on hospital premises and offer reasonable rates.