OPTIFAST® Meal Replacement Weight Loss Program
Our multidisciplinary meal replacement program combines comprehensive lifestyle education and medical monitoring with a high quality meal replacement product which can facilitate a significant weight loss.
Program Design by the Numbers
Here's a breakdown of what you can expect during our meal replacement program:
12 Weeks that you will be on the OPTIFAST full meal replacement product (medically supervised, weekly educational support group)
8 Weeks that you will transition to a food based weight loss or maintenance structure (medically supervised, weekly educational support group)
32 Weeks you will participate in a long term weight management educational support group
52 Weeks you can attend group experiences co-facilitated by our registered dietitian nutritionist and our weight management behavioral specialist
3 Individual sessions you will have with our registered dietitian/certified diabetes educator
3 Individual sessions you will have with our behavioral lifestyle specialist
You have a team for support you!
Our meal replacement program includes a multidisciplinary treatment team to help you:
- Endocrinologists – Our endocrinologists perform your ongoing medical assessment, monitor your labs and adjust your medications if necessary.
- Advanced registered nurse practitioner – Our advanced registered nurse practioners also perform your ongoing medical assessment, monitor your labs and adjust your medications if necessary.
- Registered dietitian nutritionist – Our registered dietitian nutritionist personalizes your nutrition assessment and plans for your individual lifestyle.
- Weight management behavioral specialist – Our weight management behavioral specialist helps identify and resolve any lifestyle roadblocks or underlying issues which prevent successful weight management.
- Physical therapist – Our physical therapists perform an individualized assessment to determine an activity plan that works for you.
The Virginia Mason OPTIFAST® meal replacement program is available at the Seattle Hospital & Regional Medical Center. Call (206) 223-6627 to schedule an appointment to get started.