Providing high-quality care for your newborn and beyond is our primary goal. Developing an early relationship with you and your baby-to-be is key to ensuring we can best meet your expectations.
Centered around building a relationship with expecting parents, the Virginia Mason Newborn Experience addresses expectations and educates parents on what to expect as the pregnancy progresses, and helps tailor a plan for your newborn once he/she is welcomed into the world.
Who We Are
With locations throughout the Puget Sound area, our care team includes:
- Board-certified pediatricians
- Family practice providers
- Pediatric nurses trained and certified in lactation services
The Prenatal Visit
Setting up a free, face-to-face prenatal visit is easy. Complete the Prenatal Visit Request Form. A Virginia Mason care team member will contact you to schedule the visit.
After Your Baby Arrives
Your baby should be seen between three and five days old. Please call after birth to ensure you and your newborn are seen as quickly as possible. During this visit, your provider will create a care plan to ensure your child is healthy and happy.
For families who plan to breastfeed, our pediatric nurses will provide lactation education and feeding assistance, as needed.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- All medical history information for the baby from the birth center or hospital
- The Virginia Mason Pediatric Primary Care History form
- List of any concerns or questions for the provider
- Extra diapers, wipes, and a disposal bag for soiled diapers
- Feeding supplies (formula, milk, bottle, shields, pacifier, etc.)