- How will MyVirginiaMason benefit my health care?
- How do I sign up for MyVirginiaMason?
- How do I sign up for MyVirginiaMason if I am deaf or hard of hearing?
- What do I need to enroll in MyVirginiaMason at my provider's office?
- What if I didn’t receive my invitation email?
- Can I enroll my spouse, child or another family member in MyVirginiaMason?
- Are MyVirginiaMason accounts available for minors age 13-17?
- Can I ask questions regarding a family member from my MyVirginiaMason account?
- Is a mobile version of MyVirginiaMason available?
- How do I get technical help accessing MyVirginiaMason?
- Can I use MyVirginiaMason to communicate an emergency or medical concern?
- Where will secure messages sent through MyVirginiaMason go?
- How soon will I hear back from my care team after sending a secure message?
- Are there situations where I shouldn't use online messaging through MyVirginiaMason?
- Can I send an email to my provider, instead of using secure messaging through MyVirginiaMason?
- Will MyVirginiaMason allow me to schedule my own appointments?
- Will MyVirginiaMason allow me to make online appointment requests or cancellation requests?
- Will MyVirginiaMason allow me to make online prescription renewal requests?
- What lab results will be viewable in MyVirginiaMason?
- When will I see my lab results?
- Will MyVirginiaMason allow me to view my clinical notes?
How will MyVirginiaMason benefit my health care?
Virginia Mason's MyVirginiaMason patient portal allows you to go online to request appointments, schedule select appointments yourself, view lab results, send secure messages to your care teams, request prescription renewals and see a summary of medications, allergies, immunizations and medical issues.
How do I sign up for MyVirginiaMason?
You can enroll in MyVirginiaMason while visiting Virginia Mason for an appointment or over the phone. Speak with your provider or a member of your care team to start the enrollment process.
How do I sign up for MyVirginiaMason if I am deaf or hard of hearing?
For our patients who are deaf, we are happy to set you up during your next clinic appointment, or you may contact our patient relations team via email at email@example.com.
What do I need to enroll in MyVirginiaMason?
Enrolling in MyVirginiaMason will take less than five minutes, and your provider's office will have much of the information needed. You will need to have proper identification with you to enroll. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Driver's license
- State issued ID
- U.S. Military ID
- Virginia Mason Staff ID
- Marriage license*
- Divorce decree*
- Adoption papers*
- Social security card*
- Birth certificate*
* must be accompanied with a valid picture ID
What if I didn’t receive my invitation email?
Please check your spam or junk mail folders in your email account. If you still can’t find it, please call your Virginia Mason clinic and ask them to verify your email address and resend the invitation.
Can I enroll my spouse, child or another family member in MyVirginiaMason?
Parents/legal guardians of children under 13 years of age can enroll for access to their child's account. Access will be automatically revoked when that child turns 13 years old in compliance with privacy regulations. You can enroll for access to your child's medical information at your next pediatric appointment. You can enroll for access to another adult’s medical information if the patient is 18 years of age or older. If you are a legal guardian, you will need a copy of a letter of guardianship or court order granting guardianship. Otherwise, you will need an active durable power of attorney (DPOA). You will also need to complete a request for proxy access. Please send this paperwork to Health Information Services:
Virginia Mason Medical Center
1100 9th Ave.
Seattle WA 98101
Are MyVirginiaMason accounts available for minors 13-17 years old?
Health information for minors 13-17 years old is specially protected by Washington State statutes and the federal HIPAA privacy rule. We do not offer MyVirginiaMason accounts to minors in this age group or parental access accounts for the parents/guardians of these minors.
How do I get technical help accessing MyVirginiaMason?
You may call the MyVirginiaMason support line at (800) 276-8807, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Can I use MyVirginiaMason to communicate an emergency or medical concern?
No. MyVirginiaMason and secure online messaging is for routine health-related inquiries only. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 and do not use online messaging.
Where will secure messages sent through MyVirginiaMason go?
When you select a provider to contact in MyVirginiaMason, the message will be sent through your electronic medical record to that provider's specialty area/clinic.
- You need to see a physician today
- You need a prescription filled today
- You need to cancel or reschedule an appointment in the next 24 hours
- You need to cancel or reschedule a procedure/surgery within the next four days
Can I send an email to my provider, instead of using secure messaging through MyVirginiaMason?
No. For security reasons, you should not send confidential information via email. If you choose to communicate with your care team, you will need to use secure messages through MyVirginiaMason.
Will MyVirginiaMason allow me to schedule my own appointments?
Yes. Select appointments can now be self-scheduled via MyVirginiaMason. Primary care, pediatrics and numerous specialties are available. More specialties are being added on a regular basis.
Will MyVirginiaMason allow me to make online appointment requests or cancellation requests?
Yes. If you choose to request or cancel an appointment through MyVirginiaMason, a representative from Virginia Mason will respond within one business day (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Will MyVirginiaMason allow me to make online prescription renewal requests?
Yes. If you choose to request a prescription renewal, a representative from Virginia Mason will respond within one business day (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
What lab results will be viewable in MyVirginiaMason?
Most lab test results are viewable in MyVirginiaMason. Radiology and pathology reports are viewable four calendar days (96 hours) after they are final (not four calendar days after the exam). Currently microbiology lab results are not available in MyVirginiaMason.
Will MyVirginiaMason allow me to view my clinical notes?
Yes. Most clinical notes are available in MyVirginiaMason starting July 1, 2014. Clinical notes from July 1 forward are viewable in the patient portal, but notes before that date are not viewable. Clinical notes from before July 1 can be requested through Virginia Mason's Health Information Services Department (Medical Records).