Liver Disease Studies
The Virginia Mason Digestive Disease Institute research program offers clinical trials in various chronic liver diseases in conjunction with Benaroya Research Institute and the Liver Center of Excellence.
- A Phase 3b, Multi-Center, Randomized, Open-Label, Pragmatic Study of Glecaprevir/Pibrentasvir (G/P) +/- Ribavirin for GT1 Subjects with Chronic Hepatitis C Previously Treated with an NS5A Inhibitor + Sofosbuvir Therapy
Non-alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
- A Phase 2 Double-blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Dose-finding Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability and Efficacy of Volixibat Potassium, an Apical Sodium-Dependent Bile Acid Transporter Inhibitor (ASBTi) in Adults with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
- A Phase 3, Double-Blind, Randomized, Long-Term, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of Obeticholic Acid in Subjects with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis
- A Phase 3, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Obeticholic Acid in Subjects with Compensated Cirrhosis due to Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis
- STELLARIS: A Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Cenicriviroc for the Treatment of Liver Fibrosis in Adult Subjects with Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis
If you would like to talk with a clinical research coordinator about liver disease clinical research trials, call the Digestive Disease Institute Research hotline at (206) 341-1021 or send an email to DDIResearchReferral@virginiamason.org.