Voice and Swallowing Center
The Voice and Swallowing Center at Virginia Mason can provide life-changing services to patients whose voice or swallowing have been impaired. The voice and swallowing care team offers expert diagnosis and management, oftentimes providing same-day appointments. The care team works with patients to create individualized, comprehensive treatment plans that addresses their specific needs and concerns.
Symptoms that may warrant referral to the Voice and Swallowing Center include changes in vocal quality, volume and effort, as well as changes in swallowing. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, please call (206) 223-6374.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Treatment and rehabilitation of voice
- Swallowing and airway disorders
Your initial visit to the Voice and Swallowing Center includes a detailed review of your health history and previous evaluations. Our team will examine you based on your individual symptoms.
The diagnoses evaluated and treated at the Voice and Swallowing Center include:
- Vocal cord paralysis (unilateral or bilateral)
- Movement disorders, including spasmodic dysphonia
- Vocal cord lesions
- Laryngeal or tracheal stenosis
- Post-traumatic laryngeal abnormalities
- Zenker's Diverticulum
- Cricopharyngeal disorder
- Vocal cord dysfunction
- GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
Specialized procedures include:
- Laryngeal EMG
- Botox Injection
- FEES (Fiberoptic Endoscopic Examination of Swallowing)
- Modified Barium Swallow study
- Voice Therapy
- Swallowing Therapy
To learn more about the procedures offered by our voice and swallowing team, or to schedule an appointment, please call (206) 223-6374.