Preparing for Your Interview
We look forward to meeting you! Our goal is for you to experience what it would be like to be employed at Virginia Mason. During your interview, you will meet with the department manager, tour the department and talk with Virginia Mason staff. The first step to launching your interview experience at Virginia Mason begins with your preparation.
Use the following information to help prepare for your interview:
- Bring a copy of your resume to the interview with the hiring manager.
- Learn About Virginia Mason — Be familiar with Virginia Mason's:
- Don't Get Lost — Review driving directions and where to park, or which bus to take to our Seattle main campus.
- Arrive Early — Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your interview, allowing extra time for unexpected delays. Plan to be on site for at least one hour.
- Be Friendly — Know the department manager's name, offer a handshake and make eye contact.
- Practice — Practice answering common interview questions with a friend or family member.
- Dress for Success — Business casual attire is appropriate. Please, no jeans, scrubs or uniforms.
- Stay Relaxed — We want you to enjoy your time at Virginia Mason.