Search Virginia Mason News
Independent National Study Recognizes Virginia Mason for Clinical Excellence
- Hospital Performance Ranks Among the Best in Washington, Nation
LAKEWOOD, Colo. – Oct. 12, 2004 – Virginia Mason Medical Center has been recognized for quality medical care and clinical excellence across multiple service lines in the 2005 hospital ratings released today by HealthGrades, the nation’s leading independent healthcare quality company.
Virginia Mason (VM) received the following HealthGrades ratings and designations for 2005:
- Pulmonary: Rated #1 in Washington, and five-star rated (highest possible designation) for pulmonary services and treatment of aspiration pneumonia.
- Orthopedics: Ranked among the top five percent of all U.S. hospitals, and among the top five in Washington, for joint replacement surgery. Five-star rated for total knee and total hip replacement surgery.
- Stroke: Five-star rated in Washington, for stroke care.
- Gastrointestinal: Ranked #1 in Washington for overall GI services, and among the top ten percent of hospitals in the nation for GI medical services. Five-star rated for overall GI surgery and procedures, along with treatment of GI bleed.