Benefits and Salary
House Staff Benefits Summary
Benefit and salary rates are designed specifically for residents and fellows to support your educational experience. Each year, advancement to the next PGY level results in progression on the salary scale. Information provided here reflects current packages and details are expected to be updated prior to the upcoming academic year.
- Total Rewards Summary 2021-2022
- House Staff Manual 2021-2022
- Sample Contract 2021-2022
- Professional Liability Coverage 2021-2022
Meal stipend is provided to each resident for purchase with amount of $235 per month (2020 rate) while on service.
Parking for all members of the house staff is provided by the medical center while on service.
White coats and scrubs are provided for all members of the resident staff.
Professional Development and Scholarly Work
Residents are eligible for financial assistance to attend medical meetings. To be eligible to receive financial assistance, the following criteria apply:
- Residency appointment must be for a minimum of one-year duration.
- Residents presenting scholarly work at professional meetings within the continental United States will be reimbursed for travel expenses, consistent with that allowed by the medical center, for at least one presentation per topic per year.
- Residents will be eligible to attend medical meetings without presenting a paper and be reimbursed at a rate of $500 per year of residency starting in the R2 year.
Selected Resources & Subscriptions
As designated by program.
State Licensure and DEA Certification
The medical center pays the initial limited licensure fee in the state of Washington. Two years of postgraduate training are required for permanent licensure in the state of Washington. DEA certification is also reimbursed by Virginia Mason.
Photocopying of material for educational purposes of the housestaff will be provided by the medical center.
Salary Information 2021-2022
Residents promote annually as they advance through program requirements. Salaries are reviewed and adjusted annually.
|July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022|