Virginia Mason Hospital
Important Information: Visitation
As a response to the current community situation with COVID-19, we are temporarily suspending routine, in-person visits to our hospitalized patients. The decision to suspend hospital visits was difficult and made only after careful consideration.
We encourage family members and friends to use alternative ways to interact with their loved ones, including phone calls, Facetime, Skype and other means.
We recognize there are times when having a visitor or family member present is crucial. Visitors will be allowed based on the exceptions listed below:
- Patients who are unstable.
- Patients who are at the end of life may have two visitors.
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one single-time visitor immediately after the procedure.
- Patients who are receiving care in our Centers of Excellence who have a traveling companion as part of their medical treatment team.
- Patients who are minors and those with limited decisional capacity may have a parent or guardian present.
- Patients who have altered mental status or developmental delays (where caregiver provides safety) may have one visitor.
- Patients with disruptive behavior, where a family member is key to their care, may have one visitor.
Please note, approved visitors are subject to the following guidelines:
- Visitors will not be allowed if they have symptoms of respiratory infection (fever, runny nose, cough, shortness of breath).
- Visitors allowed must stay in the patient’s room the entire time of the visit. Once the visitor leaves the patient room, they must leave the medical center.
- Visitors under the age of 16 will not be allowed except under extraordinary circumstances, and no animals other than service animals are permitted.
Virginia Mason Hospital, located at 925 Seneca Street in Seattle, is one of the premier health care facilities in the Pacific Northwest and consistently named one of America’s Best Hospitals by Healthgrades™. Many of our physicians are nationally known for their expertise and the compassionate care they provide to patients throughout the region.
Entrance to the Hospital
Our circular driveway on Seneca Street is the best place for patients to be dropped off or picked up. For those arriving from the Lindeman Pavilion via the skybridge or from Buck Pavilion, the hospital lobby is located on Level 4. The admitting desk is conveniently located next to the lobby area.
Call us at (206) 624-1144 to learn more about our programs and services.
The Emergency Department is located at 1010 Spring Street near the corner of Spring and Boren Avenue. We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Emergency Department at Virginia Mason has lower wait times than both the national average and Washington state average.
- Maps and Directions
- Hospital Check-In
- Gifts, Flowers and Email
- Accommodations and Amenities
- Learn What to Expect During Your Hospital Stay (Video)
- Interpreter Services
Virginia Mason offers free wireless internet access to our guests and patients. Wireless access is available in waiting areas, lobbies and in the hospital breezeway on level 4.
Hospital Visiting Hours
- Temporary Change in Our Hospital Visitation Policy
As a temporary response to the current community situation with COVID-19, we are suspending routine, in-person visits to our hospitalized patients. While this is a change in our regular approach, we believe it is in the best interest of patients, visitors, Virginia Mason team members and the community at large.
We encourage family members and friends to use alternative ways to interact with their loved ones, including phone calls, Facetime, Skype and other means. We are happy to help facilitate this to make it easier for our patients.
- Clinic Visits
For patients who have clinic appointments, please limit nonessential companions to a single individual. We further ask that the companion be free of symptoms (fever, cough or respiratory symptoms).
Thank you for your understanding.
We understand that the support of family and friends is beneficial to our patients' needs, so visiting hours are flexible. To promote the rest of our patients, we ask that family and friends finish their visiting by 9 p.m. We have many amenities on-site to help our patients and visitors feel more comfortable, including free Wi-Fi, several dining options including room service, and the Serenity Gift Shop near the lobby.