Heart Failure Clinic
The Heart Failure Clinic in Seattle is an integrated program at Virginia Mason whose mission is to diagnose and treat heart failure in a comprehensive and cutting-edge manner. A team of cardiologists, electrophysiologists, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, pharmacists, and a dietitian are specially trained to manage the most complex aspects of heart failure treatment.
Our services include:
- Comprehensive evaluation of heart function
- Attention to diagnosis and treatment of underlying coronary artery disease
- Evaluation and treatment of valvular heart disease in heart failure
- Assessment of lung function and consideration of sleep apnea syndromes
- Extensive patient and family teaching about medications, diet, activity, warning signs and treatment options
- Long-term risk reduction strategies focusing on lifestyle modification (e.g., exercise, diet, weight loss, tobacco cessation and self monitoring)
- Introduction and management of appropriate drug and pacemaker therapy for heart failure
- Continuous, supportive and regular follow-up appointments to maintain heart health
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment in the Heart Failure Clinic, please call (206) 341-1111, and our staff will be happy to assist you.