Health in a Changing Climate: Understanding Impacts and Opportunities for Action
Symposium for Health Professionals
Virginia Mason Medical Center
December 7, 2019, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Please join us for a climate and health symposium at Virginia Mason. This educational event for health professionals will provide an overview of climate change and health, focusing on the specific health impacts of climate change in Washington state.
The event will also discuss opportunities for action in health care sustainability, advocacy and communications, and patient and clinician education.
Featured Symposium Speakers
- Hon. Jay Inslee, Governor of Washington (invited)
- Gary S. Kaplan, MD, Chairman and CEO, Virginia Mason Health System
- Jeremy Hess, MD, MPH, Director, University of Washington Center for Health and the Global Environment
- Jeff Duchin, MD, Health Officer for Public Health, Seattle-King County
- Gary Cohen, President and Co-Founder, Health Care Without Harm and Practice Greenhealth
We anticipate an audience of 170 physicians, nurses, and public health professionals. All attendees will learn how climate change affects the health of our community.
The event is being co-organized by Virginia Mason, Health Care Without Harm, Kaiser Permanente, Seattle Children’s, Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility and Washington State Medical Association.
Coffee and lunch will be provided.
For CME and CNE information and to register, please visit www.VirginiaMasonCME.org/HCC2019.