Head and Neck Cancer Appointments
When you come to Virginia Mason for your first appointment we will perform a thorough health history evaluation, physical exam, and review all medical imaging, referral notes and pathology.
We will use special fiberoptic scopes and mirrors to view the larynx and hypopharynx areas, along with the region behind the nose (the nasopharynx), the oral cavity, tongue and the floor of the mouth.
All your information will be presented to our Tumor Board, where all disciplines involved in your care will give input. The board considers your tumor staging, your own desires, age, general health factors, support systems, location of residence, financial situation and your potential tolerance to treatment options. This discussion is completely confidential. Your physician will relay the Tumor Board’s recommendations to you by phone or an office appointment.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
To help us make your visit more productive, we recommend you bring the following items:
- Your appointment schedule and other materials sent to you.
- Financial data, including insurance cards and copies of referrals and authorization.
- All medical information, including test results, lab reports and chart information (medical history).
- Diagnostic films, such as CT scans, MRI scans, x-rays, and PET scans must all be hand-carried to your first appointment. Please do not mail unless directed by your physician’s office. In this case, these should also be sent by overnight delivery to the attention of the doctor you are assigned to see.
- A list of medications with the dosage and frequency. Include any medication and food allergies with the type of reaction.
- A local contact number of where you will be staying in Seattle.
- A written list of questions you may want to ask your doctor.
Where to Go for Your Appointment
- New Appointments & Registration
- Lindeman Pavilion Lobby OR Buck Pavilion Lobby
- Head and Neck Surgery Department, Otolaryngology
- Lindeman Pavilion, 10th Floor
- Hematology/Medical Oncology
- Buck Pavilion, 2nd Floor
- Radiation Oncology
- Buck Pavilion, Lower Level
- Buck Pavilion, 6th Floor
- Radiology (X-ray, CT, MRI etc.)
- Buck Pavilion, 5th Floor
- MRI Suite
- 1010 Seneca St.