Guidelines for Sending Cards
- Messages are similar to greeting cards sent to patients. They can be delivered to patients staying in the hospital. We cannot deliver messages to patients coming to the hospital for same-day surgery or clinic visits.
- Messages are delivered from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. There is no delivery service on weekends.
- Messages that are inappropriate will be deleted and not delivered.
- Messages are only delivered to patients listed in the hospital directory.
- Messages are delivered to the patient's room within 24 hours. The patient or parent can decide whether or not to respond to the message.
- If the patient has gone home, or is not listed in the hospital directory, the message will be deleted and not delivered.
Your message to a Virginia Mason patient is not confidential. Virginia Mason’s employees will print your greeting, read it to make sure it’s appropriate, and deliver it.
Virginia Mason can refuse to deliver any greeting that is inappropriate. Virginia Mason is not liable to you or anyone else for damages, fees, fines, penalties or liabilities from the content in your patient greeting.