Grand Rounds are held every Friday from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., January through December, with a break in August. Grand Rounds takes place in the Lindeman Pavilion, Volney Richmond Auditorium, Level 1, 1201 Terry Ave., Seattle, Washington. If you have questions or would like to be added to our monthly mailing list, please call (206) 341-0142. Send us your feedback about Grand Rounds.
If you would like to register for Grand Rounds and receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™, fill out the form or call (206) 341-0142. You only need to register one time per year in order to receive credit. Grand Rounds schedule is subject to change. View objectives for this activity.
Grand Rounds Schedule:
Grand Rounds Course Objectives:
- To provide timely updates in the diagnosis and treatment of multiple disease states
- To introduce new research topics related to patient care
- To introduce new or improved technology available at Virginia Mason
- To educate regarding "best medical practice" and evidence-based medicine
- To present educational opportunities that address the ACGME General Competencies: Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice-Based Learning and Improvement, Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Professionalism, and Systems-Based Practice.
Virginia Mason is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Virginia Mason designates each educational activity for a maximum of one AMA PRA Category 1 Credits (TM). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with their participation in the activity.
July 3, 2020
No Grand Rounds – Happy Fourth of July!
July 10, 2020
Surgical Optimization in Colorectal Cancer
Emily Finlayson, MD, MS, FACS
Professor of Surgery, Medicine, and Health, Policy Vice Chair for Faculty Affairs and Development Director, Center for Surgery in Older Adults
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, Calif.
July 17, 2020
Taking Care of Ourselves, Taking Care of Each Other: COVID-19
Nkeiruka Duze, MD, FACP
Joyce K. Lammert, MD, PhD
Executive Medical Director, Patient Care Services
Medical Director, Provider Services
Department of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology
Virginia Mason, Seattle, Wash.
July 24, 2020
From Front to Back: Cataract surgery, Retina, and COVID-19 updates from an ophthalmology perspective
Connie J. Chen, MD
Denise Lugo-Camann, MD
Kadi Wang, MD
July 31, 2020
Benjamin S. Danielson, MD
Clinical Professor of Pediatrics
Medical Director, Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic
Seattle Children’s Hospital