Search Virginia Mason News
Free Guide to Heart-Healthy Living Now Available
SEATTLE, Wash. - (Feb. 11, 2008) - Tell your sweetheart just how much he or she means to you with a free copy of the 2008 Guide to Heart-Healthy Living now available from The Heart Institute at Virginia Mason.
The 2008 Guide to Heart-Healthy Living includes:
- Information on how to involve kids in healthy eating and exercise habits,
- Nutrition information, including many heart-healthy recipes,
- Heart attack and stroke risk factors and warning signs you need to know,
- Easy-to-start exercise programs, and,
- Helpful tools to track important heart-health numbers, such as cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose and blood pressure.
The free guide is published by Virginia Mason’s Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention Clinic. Copies may be ordered online at VirginiaMason.org or by calling (866) TEAM-MED. Each copy includes an offer for a free, comprehensive heart-health screening at Virginia Mason’s Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention Clinic, part of The Heart Institute at Virginia Mason Medical Center.
Virginia Mason Medical Center
Virginia Mason Medical Center, founded in 1920, is a non-profit comprehensive regional health care system that combines a primary and specialty care group practice of more than 400 physicians with a 336-bed acute care hospital in Seattle. In addition, Virginia Mason has a network of clinics located throughout the Puget Sound area, and manages Bailey-Boushay House, a nursing residence and adult day health program for people living with HIV and AIDS. Virginia Mason also has an internationally recognized research center, Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason.