Pancreas Research Fellowship
How to Apply and Eligibility Criteria
Applicants to the Pancreas Research Fellowship must have an MD degree or equivalent, must have completed at least three years of residency. Non-native speakers of English must meet minimum TOEFL score requirements. We cannot consider applicants with J1 visa status. Submission of a goal statement, curriculum vitae and three written letters of recommendation with phone and email contact information are required. International applicants who are not U.S. citizens must be eligible for a H1-B Visa or equivalent. Applicants with J1 visa status are ineligible for the Pancreas Research Fellowship.
To apply, submit the following materials, addressed to Fellowship Director in care of Terri Davis Smith:
1. Pancreas Research Fellowship application form
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Cover letter addressing:
- detailed career aim in research
- demonstrated skills in writing (evidence of publications)
- experience with database management
- basic knowledge of statistics
- familiarity with research in a clinical setting, including IRB process, writing protocols, etc.
4. Minimum TOEFL, TOEFLiBT, or TOEFLC scores for all applicants whose first language is not English. Minimum TOEFL: 580. Minimum TOEFLiBT: 92. Minimum TOEFLC: 237. Test scores must be from within the last 2 years. If you do not have the minimum scores indicated above you are not eligible to apply.
5. Three written references with phone and email contact information.
Materials must be received no later than Sept. 30, 2017. Send all materials to:
Shayan Irani, MD, Pancreas Research Fellowship Director
c/o Terri Davis Smith
1100 Ninth Ave. Mail Stop: G250-B
P.O. Box 900
Seattle, WA 98111
For more information, please contact Terri Davis Smith.