The Virginia Mason Heart Institute offers comprehensive assessment and treatment of the full spectrum of cardiac rhythm disorders. Our highly skilled team specializes in the treatment of the most complex atrial and ventricular arrhythmias, making the Heart Institute a major referral center in the Pacific Northwest for electrophysiology procedures.
Our electrophysiology team is one of the most experienced in the Washington state. Our specialists:
- Perform more than 1,800 electrophysiology procedures and ablations each year
- Implant more than 450 devices annually
- Have extensive experience in the treatment of atrial fibrillation (AF). Virginia Mason was the first medical center in the Northwest to offer cryoablation to treat AF.
- Are in the top one percent in the nation for cryoablation case volumes per year
Commitment to Quality
Virginia Mason is dedicated to patient safety. Our outcomes meet or exceed national benchmarks with complication rates consistently lower than national standards. Patient satisfaction scores are higher than 93 percent.
Our team’s focus is on listening carefully to each person and delivering expert care for each patient at every moment. Our newly designed, state-of-the-art suites provide a comfortable and safe environment for a wide variety of procedures, including:
- Comprehensive electrophysiology studies
- Cryoablation and radiofrequency ablation for atrial fibrillation
- Ablation of SVT, atrial flutter and complex atrial arrhythmias
- Transvenous and subcutaneous ICD implantation
- Biventricular pacemaker implantation for CHF
- Endocardial and epicardial ablation of ventricular tachycardia
- Pacemaker and ICD lead extractions
- Implantable loop recorder implant and follow-up
- AV nodal ablation for refractory atrial fibrillation
- Tilt table testing
For more information, call The Heart Institute at (206) 341-1111.