- Main Line: Please contact clinic location.
- Hours of Operation: Seven days a week: 24 hours, as requested
Main Line: Please contact clinic location.
|Hours of Operation:
Seven days a week: 24 hours, as requested
|Example of a Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) machine
Virginia Mason provides qualified medical interpreters to all of our limited English proficiency and hearing impaired patients. Our video remote interpreting (VRI) machines can translate 175 languages including American Sign Language (ASL), sign for the hearing impaired. Our Emergency Department has two VRI machines ready to assist with patient translation needs.
Ways to Communicate
Virginia Mason offers a number of interpreter services for patients.
- Video remote interpreting (VRI) machines - Available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We have Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) units in the following locations:
- Buck Pavilion - Seattle Hospital and Medical Center
- Patient Relations (Level 1)
- Cancer Institute (Level 2)
- Gastroenterology Procedural & Clinic (Level 3)
- Ophthalmology/Optometry (Level 4)
- Radiology (Level 5)
- Transplant (Level 7)
- Urology (Level 7)
- General Internal Medicine (Level 8)
- Central Pavilion - Seattle Hospital and Medical Center
- Hospital PACU (Level 6)
- Hospital (Level 9)
- Hospital (Level 10)
- Hospital (Level 12)
- Hospital (Level 15)
- Hospital (Level 16)
- Hospital (Level 17)
- Health Resources Building - Seattle Hospital and Medical Center
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (Level 2)
- Jones Pavilion - Seattle Hospital and Medical Center
- Emergency (Level 7)
- CCU (Level 9)
- Orthopedics (Level 11)
- Level 18
- Lindeman Pavilion - Seattle Hospital and Medical Center
- Cardiology (Level 3)
- Outpatient Surgery (Level 5)
- Orthopedics/Rheumatology (Level 6)
- Neuroscience (Level 7)
- Gynecology (Level 8)
- Otolaryngology/Audiology (Level 10)
- Dare Center (Level 11)
- Regional Medical Centers and other facilities:
- Bainbridge Island
- Federal Way
- Seattle Administrative Center (Psychiatry Department)
- University Village
- Bailey-Boushay House
- In person - contact your clinic by phone and specify your language preference.
- On the phone - We have connections to 75 languages and dialects via phone when you call.
To ensure proper delivery and interpreting between medical providers and patients, Virginia Mason recommends that patients do not use family members, friends or children as interpreters. Inform Virginia Mason staff members if you need any other services or special requests.