The aim of the Hepatology Fellowship program is to train hepatologists who possess a range of attributes, including:
- Broad knowledge base related to hepatic disease
- Differential diagnosis based on history and physical examination
- Understanding of indications and contraindications of therapeutic procedures and medications
- Skill at performing liver biopsy safely and effectively
- Proficiency with assessment of pathology
- Ability to provide comprehensive care in consultative practice of patients with a broad range of liver diseases in inpatient and outpatient settings.
The fellow will also be part of an active clinical trial unit studying therapies for patients with liver disease, participate in research, and gain an appreciation of the humanistic and ethical aspects of medicine. Faculty member expertise includes hepatology, gastroenterology, surgery, interventional radiology, advanced endoscopy, oncology and pathology.