Virginia Mason’s HPB Surgical Fellowship consists of the Fellowship Council & AHPBA’s Advanced GI Surgery Curriculum for Hepato-Pancreatic & Biliary Surgery Fellowship.
In addition to expectations outlined in the curriculum, the fellow is required to:
- Participate and post replies monthly in online, guided, case-based discussions on MyHPB Online Curriculum, as a means of improving interactive judgment.
- Attend all monthly AHPBA Teleconference Grand Rounds and present at one annually. Teleconferences are held September through June.
- Facilitate the weekly HPB Indications Conference. The conference meets Thursday evenings.
- Attend the weekly GI tumor board and present his/her service patients.
- Attend the weekly liver tumor board and present his/her service patients.
- Participate in quarterly fellow, technical skill, and faculty evaluations, using Fellowship Council evaluation tools, in addition to maintaining a case log.