- Hours of Operation: Varies by location
Concierge medicine. It’s a term that’s been around for a while, but what does it actually mean?
At the heart of concierge medicine is 24-hour access to your physician*. Most concierge groups offer full primary care services within the four walls of their clinics. Others also have limited arrangements with a handful of specialists.
Our concierge medicine program offers something very different: 24-hour access to a renowned physician* and seamless coordination to all of the resources Virginia Mason has to offer.
This means we coordinate everything for you, including:
- Extra one-on-one time with your primary care doctor
- Any specialist appointments you may need
- Imaging tests or blood work
- Surgery — including pre-operative and post-operative
Our concierge medicine doctors have an average of 20 years of experience. They embody Virginia Mason’s commitment to providing an extraordinary patient experience for each person we serve. And it shows — year after year, they are rated in top 1 percent nationally for patient satisfaction.
Your doctor has immediate access to all of your records, and can advise you on every aspect of your care – no matter where you are. This type of personal care is vital to our members who may:
- Travel frequently for business or pleasure. They have peace of mind knowing they can speak with their doctor — or, in an emergency, have their doctor talk with an emergency room physician in any location.
- Have busy schedules, both professional and personal.
- Want easy access to a medical staff that knows them personally, coordinates all their appointments, and keeps them out of waiting rooms and frustrating voicemail loops.
- Have medically complicated conditions and need someone who watches out for them, even making house calls, if needed.
To make sure they have all the time necessary to meet each member’s needs, our concierge medicine physicians carefully manage their workloads. While the average primary care physicians cares for about 2,500 – 5,000 patients, our concierge doctors focus on just 300.
To our members, this makes all the difference in the world.
We even have a physician on the concierge team that is credentialed in travel medicine. Members of our concierge medicine program are given their doctor's cell phone number and email address, and may contact them at any time.
For more information, please call our Program Manager, Therese Shipley, at (206) 341-1325 or email email@example.com.
Concierge Medicine at Virginia Mason began more than 15 years ago as the Dare Center. It was named in honor of Lewis and John Dare, a father/son administrative team whose integrity and values formed the foundation of Virginia Mason Medical Center.
* When your concierge medicine physician is unavailable, another concierge medicine physician will respond to your call.