Colorectal Center of Excellence
Virginia Mason's Colorectal Center of Excellence, led by co-program directors Otto S. Lin, MD, and Vlad V. Simianu, MD, MPH, ensures patients with colorectal conditions receive high-quality, compassionate, comprehensive care. Our goal has always been to be the premier and preferred colorectal program in the Pacific Northwest.
We pride ourselves in delivering:
- High-value colon and rectal care that spans the spectrum of colorectal disease – including screening, treatment and survivorship for cancer
- Medical optimization before surgical treatment of IBD
- Tailored treatment for pelvic floor disorders
Beyond clinical excellence, the Colorectal Center of Excellence focuses on education, research and multidisciplinary collaboration.
Colorectal Center of Excellence Services
- Colonoscopy Screening and Prevention
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Polyps
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Colorectal Center of Excellence Team
The Colorectal Center of Excellence team uses a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach to caring for patients with complex colorectal conditions. The team includes experts from gastroenterology and surgery, interventional radiology, oncology, nursing and pathology.
- GoLytely Bowel Prep AM (Procedures scheduled before 12:00 p.m.)
- GoLytely Bowel Prep PM (Procedures scheduled after 12:00 p.m.)
If you have questions about your colonoscopy preparation, see our procedure preparation frequently asked questions. If you require a different prep please contact the GI clinic for instruction.
For more information about care for colorectal conditions, call (206) 223-2319.