Most people can do a lot to help reduce their risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes. It is never too late to make better health choices. All you need is a goal, a plan and the desire to live better.
Preventive Cardiology is a specialized team of cardiologists, nurse practitioners, clinical lipid specialists, clinical dietitians and pharmacists who work with you to create individualized strategies to improve your health.
Managing your risk factors and controlling your cholesterol levels requires long-term effort. We are here to help you, whether you need to manage complex cholesterol disorders or make basic lifestyle improvements.
Our clinic care team works with you at every step of the process to identify your specific needs and set appropriate goals to help you achieve your risk-reduction targets.
Our services include:
- Long-term risk reduction strategies focusing on lifestyle changes, such as exercise, diet, weight loss, tobacco cessation and self-monitoring
- Introduction and management of appropriate medications
- Comprehensive cardiac risk-factor assessment
- Appropriate use of advanced cholesterol testing and vascular imaging to assess risk and guide treatment decisions
- Diagnosis of metabolic syndrome, diabetes and pre-diabetes
If you have questions or would like to make an appointment, please call (206) 341-1111 and we will assist you.