Classes and Events
- Meal Time Insulin Workshop
Better control starts here.
Please join us for one of our upcoming Meal Time Insulin workshops where you will learn the skills to help manage your diabetes care for life.
This is a two-hour individualized workshop focusing on how to use insulin confidently at meal times by matching insulin with the food you eat and your blood glucose level.
During the workshop, you will meet with a diabetes nurse and dietitian trained specifically to assist you.
At the workshop, you will:
- Learn to use your meal time insulin safely and effectively
- Be able to match your meal time insulin to the food you actually eat
- Learn to avoid low blood glucose, and how to treat it. Have the opportunity to follow up with us, see if your plan is working, and make personalized changes if it’s not
Dates/Times: Every other Thursday, 1-3 p.m.
Location: Virginia Mason 1201 Terry Ave. Lindeman Pavilion, Level 8, Endocrinology Seattle, WA 98101
Free Parking is provided in the Virginia Mason Parking Garages.
Cost: Class cost is covered by most insurance programs and Medicare. Contact your insurance plan or the Virginia Mason Financial Navigators at 206-223-6715 to confirm that your plan covers this workshop.
Registration is required. For more information or to register for an upcoming class, please call the Virginia Mason Diabetes Center at (206) 223-6627.
Talk to your doctor today about your interest in attending this class. Don’t wait.
- Lindeman Pavilion, Level 8, Endocrinology