Classes and Events
IBD and its Treatments in the Age of COVID
We cordially invite you to join us virtually for IBD and its Treatments in the Age of COVID, a talk about digestive health and your well-being sponsored by the Digestive Disease Institute at Virginia Mason. This free event is open to all patients and the general public.
Get the Facts
Both IBD and COVID are affected by our immune system. What happens when these two conditions collide? The goal of IBD therapy is to calm the immune system. What happens when it is deliberately activated by a vaccine? Find out how IBD and its treatments may affect the risks and benefits of vaccination for COVID-19.
Hear what our physician experts have to say, then ask questions and hear their answers in real time! Topics include:
- How a diagnosis of IBD affects risks of COVID infection and its complications
- How COVID affects IBD and the GI tract in general
- Which medications for IBD may have an effect on COVID risks
- How new COVID vaccines are different from older conventional vaccines
- What side effects to expect from the new COVID vaccines, with and without IBD
- Which medications may or may not influence the effectiveness of COVID vaccine
This is a two-part event on Wednesday, March 31, 2021:
- Watch the presentations via YouTube, from 5:20 p.m. - 6 p.m., prior to the question and answer (Q&A) session
- Attend the live Q&A via Zoom, from 6 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required for this free virtual event. Register below. Details, including links to YouTube and Zoom, and instructions will be emailed once you register.
We hope you will join us by connecting via Zoom for the live Q&A session at 6 p.m. Our team looks forward to seeing and hearing from you in support of your digestive health!
- March 31, 2021 at 5:20 PM - 6:30 PM