Classes and Events
How You Can Prevent Colon Cancer
We cordially invite you to join us virtually for How You Can Prevent Colon Cancer, a talk about digestive health and your well-being sponsored by the Digestive Disease Institute at Virginia Mason. This free event is open to all patients and the general public.
Otto Lin, MD, Gastroenterologist
Val Simianu, MD, MPH, Colon and Rectal Surgeon
Get the Facts
Colon cancer is the third leading cause of cancer-death in men and women in the United States. It’s easily treatable, even preventable, if caught early. If you or a loved one are wondering if you’re at a higher risk of colon cancer and what screening options are available, please join us to learn how colon cancer screening can help you.
Watch what our physician experts have to say, then ask questions and hear their answers in real time! Topics include:
- Risks of getting colon cancer
- New colorectal cancer screening guidelines
- Options for screening, including non-invasive testing
- Treatment of colon cancer
This is a two-part event on Wednesday, May 5, 2021:
- Watch the presentations via YouTube, from 5:20 p.m. - 6 p.m., prior to the question and answer (Q&A) session
- Attend the live Q&A via Zoom, from 6 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required (see the button below) for this free virtual event. Details, including links to YouTube and Zoom, and instructions will be emailed once you register.
We hope you will join us by connecting via Zoom for the live Q&A session at 6 p.m. Our team looks forward to seeing and hearing from you in support of your digestive health!
- Virtual - Zoom
- May 5, 2021 at 5:20 PM - 6:30 PM