Classes and Events
Fact¸ Fiction & Fructose: Skinny on Fattening Food
We cordially invite you to join us virtually for FACT, FICTION AND FRUCTOSE: The Skinny on Fattening Food, a talk about digestive health and your well-being, sponsored by the Digestive Disease Institute at Virginia Mason. This free event is open to all patients and the general public.
Jonathan Stoehr, MD, PhD
Director, Nutrition Center of Excellence
Get the Facts
What really works for weight loss? Is there an ideal nutrient combination to achieve or maintain weight loss? Review the body's metabolism of fructose and how it differs from other sugars. Discuss different ways to shed weight and keep it off for good.
Hear what our physician expert has to say, then ask questions and hear his answers in real time! Topics include:
- Staying away from fad diets
- The magic of moderation
- How small diet and lifestyle changes can help manage your weight
- Fructose content of common foods
This is a two-part event on Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2020:
- Watch the presentation via YouTube, from 5:30 p.m. - 6 p.m., prior to the question and answer (Q&A) session.
- Attend the Q&A via Zoom, from 6 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Pre-registration is required for this free virtual event. Details, including links to YouTube and Zoom, and instructions will be emailed once you register. For more information or to register, email Julie.Katz@virginiamason.org.
- November 11, 2020 at 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Total seats for the event: 100