Anesthesiology Pain Clinic
The Virginia Mason Anesthesiology Pain Clinic, in Seattle and Federal Way, assists patients who are suffering from acute and chronic pain conditions. We specialize in interventional pain management approaches for a wide variety of problems, including spinal pain and cancer pain. We also provide consultations on medication management.
The Anesthesiology Pain Clinic is equipped with state-of-the-art X-ray (fluoroscopic) and ultrasound equipment. We work closely with Virginia Mason's Section of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, where spine clinic evaluations and treatment are provided.
Anesthesiology Pain Clinic Services
- Consultations and Referrals
- Virginia Mason's anesthesiology pain clinic physicians review and make recommendations on the treatment of painful conditions. Learn more.
- Epidural Steroid Therapy
- To treat pain in your back and legs, Virginia Mason provides epidural steroid treatments for inflamed nerves in the spine with X-ray guidance and under local anesthesia. Learn more.
- Facet and Sacroiliac Joint Treatments
- Facet and sacroiliac joint treatments target pain due to whiplash injury or degenerative joint disease. Learn more.
- Intrathecal and Epidural Therapy
- Virginia Mason's pain specialists may use intrathecal or epidural therapy to deliver pain or anti-spasticity medicine directly to the spine over a long period of time. Learn more.
- Nerve Blocks for Chronic, Postoperative or Cancer Pain
- Anesthesiology pain clinic physicians administer injections targeting the nerves that carry painful information to the brain — providing temporary or long-term pain relief. Learn more.
- Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- The placement of a device to stimulate painful nerves can effectively treat pain resulting from nerve injury. Learn more.
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Trigger point injections may help relieve the pain from muscle strains in your back. Learn more.
Conditions We Treat
- Spinally Mediated Pain
- Nerve Pain
- Muscular Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Postoperative Pain
- Seattle Main Campus Location:
- Buck Pavilion Level 5
- Main Line: (206) 223-7582
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.