- Pre-Anesthesia Assessment Clinic (Pre-Op):
- Main Line: (206) 223-6604
- Fax: (206) 625-7271
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Administrative Office:
- Julia Pollock, MD, Chief of Anesthesiology
- Main Line: (206) 223-6980
- Fax: (206) 223-6982
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Anesthesiology Pain Clinic:
- Main Line: (206) 223-7582
- Fax: (206) 341-1784
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Seattle Main Campus Location:
- Buck Pavilion Level 5
The Department of Anesthesiology at Virginia Mason, in Seattle, offers a distinctly different training opportunity (from the large university model) for medical graduates (and fellows) pursuing a career in the specialty of anesthesiology.
We are known nationally and internationally for our practice and expertise in regional anesthesia.
At Virginia Mason, we are committed to the training of consultants and leaders in the field of anesthesiology. Thus, Virginia Mason training promotes the following skills in our graduates; expertise, creativity, individualization in analysis, management of complex and changing situations (adaptability), teamwork, as well as clarity of expression.
Other characteristics of our department include:
- a nationally recognized core faculty with diverse interests and expertise
- a small class and faculty size that permits close supervision and guidance as the resident progresses through his/her training
- a value-driven department that strives to teach cost-effective care, as well as practice management in a real-world setting
- a history of securing outstanding residents
- a long-standing high rating from the Residency Review Committee for Anesthesiology
- opportunity to participate in relevant clinical research
- a close and friendly relationship with the University of Washington's Department of Anesthesiology (though we are free-standing)
- location in a highly desirable city, Seattle