Information regarding accepted Amerigroup insurance plans.
Contact your health insurance plan for information on covered services before your appointment.
Amerigroup Insurance Plans
Healthy Options (HMO)
Can I select a Virginia Mason primary care provider with this insurance plan?
Does this plan require pre-approval to see a specialist?
- * May not select a Virginia Mason primary care provider (PCP).
- * Virginia Mason is not contracted, but will accept Amerigroup approved referrals for specialty care. For all services other than consult, unless emergency, patient should have authorized referral(s) in place PRIOR to scheduling.
- Note: Amerigroup currently does not require their approval for CONSULTATIONS. However, if patient is needing any other services in addition to the consultation, an Amerigroup approved referral is required. Unless emergency, approved referrals need to be in place PRIOR to patient receiving any non-consultation services.
- Notification of hospital admission should be provided to Amerigroup within 24 hours of the admission, or the next business day if weekend or holiday. If notification does not occur, the claim will be denied.
- Not accepting for psychiatry