- Main Line: (206) 341-0420
- Meet Our Providers
- Hours of Operation: Stroke emergency services available 24 hours
|Get With The Guidelines|
|Stroke Center Network
At the Stroke Center, we take a coordinated approach to your care. The Stroke Center expertly combines the skills and services of the Emergency Department, Radiology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Rehabilitation, Critical Care Unit (CCU), Telemetry and Neurosciences. A board-certified neurologist leads each patient care team, providing oversight of a stroke patient's treatment from the minute they enter the hospital.
The Stroke Center was established in 2004 and is certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
Make an Appointment at the Neurology Clinic
To make an appointment, please call Virginia Mason Neurology at (206) 341-0420.
Stroke Center Receives 2015 Silver Quality Achievement Award
Virginia Mason's Stroke Center received the 2015 Silver Quality Achievement Award recognizing the hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines. Virginia Mason has met all guidelines as a Primary Stroke Center, featuring a comprehensive system for rapid diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients admitted to the Emergency Department. To receive the Silver Quality Achievement Award, hospitals must achieve 85 percent or higher adherence to all Get With The Guidelines-Stroke achievement indicators for at least 12 consecutive months.
|Stroke Center Services|
Outstanding Virginia Mason stroke treatment services include:
- 24-hour MRI scan ability and 24-hour CT scan ability.
- Cutting-edge neuro-imaging technology.
- Dedicated stroke team with integrated services throughout the continuum of care.
- Exceptional surgical treatment options.
- Interventional neuro-radiology expertise with advanced endovascular therapies such as coiling and stent procedures.
- Clinical excellence. The 2006 Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award, ranking Virginia Mason among the top 5 percent of Acute-Care Hospitals in the country, underscores our focus on clinical excellence.
- Monthly stroke support group.
|Stroke Education and Support|
Virginia Mason's New Stroke Therapy Restores Mobility for Patients
Virginia Mason is now offering stroke patients a new therapy called Bioness H200, an innovation in care. Bioness H200 is a non-invasive splint with integrated electrodes that stimulate the muscles and facilitate functional movement. Learn more about Bioness H200 stroke therapy.
Free Stroke Support Group
Join us to learn more about the effects of stroke, tools for coping, and resources for survivors and caregivers. There is no cost to attend. View the Stoke Support Group brochure.
My Life Check: Life's Simple 7
The American Heart Association has developed Life's Simple 7 to help you understand your current level of heart health, determine your personal health needs, find steps you can take to prevent heart disease and stroke, and move closer to your individual health goals. Learn more.
Please visit our stroke education section for more information on stroke and your disease risk.