At Virginia Mason's Hospital & Seattle Medical Center, prevention is an important part of your overall health care management. Preventive care visits, many times called “physicals,” include a comprehensive past medical, family and social history as well as an exam based on age and identified risk factors.
Preventive medicine visits include medical guidance, examination of risk factors for developing medical conditions and the ordering of appropriate laboratory/diagnostic tests. Before coming in for your preventive care visit, please print and complete the Preventive Exam History Form. Virginia Mason also provides appointments for preventive medicine at medical centers in Bainbridge Island, Bellevue, Federal Way, Issaquah, Kirkland, Lynnwood and University Village (Seattle).
- See our hours and locations for more information and to schedule a preventive care visit.
- Medication refills
- Instruction or discussion of use of over the counter medication
- Discussion of medical history not requiring new treatment plans.
Examples of services possibly not covered by your insurance are:
- Discussion of new diagnoses that require a specialty referral
- Discussion of medical conditions you already have
- Addressing a condition that requires a new treatment plan
- Adjusting a prescription used to treat an ongoing condition
- Completing lengthy forms for work, adoption, etc.
- Removing moles or skin tags
Some insurance plans including Medicare do not cover preventive services. Please verify coverage before your appointment.
Medicare does not cover preventive exams. If you have supplemental insurance please call to verify coverage. For more information please call Medicare at (800) 633-4227.