Physical therapists at Virginia Mason Sports Medicine work closely with sports medicine physicians, orthopedic surgeons and podiatrists to help patients recover from activity and sports-related injuries. Our physical therapists offer non-operative and post-operative rehabilitation for the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle and foot. We conduct sport specific rehabilitation, gait analysis and bicycle-fitting for musculoskeletal injuries. Virginia Mason Sports Medicine physical therapists provide medical coverage and athletic training for the Seattle Sounders FC.
Virginia Mason physical therapists have provided medical coverage for local community sports and recreational events, including the Seattle to Portland (STP) bicycle event, Beat the Bridge to Beat Diabetes, Diadora Cup, Seattle Marathon, Rock and Roll Marathon, Seafair Marathon, Seafair Triathlon, Boeing Classic golf tournament and University of Washington volleyball camp.
Our physical therapists provide the following services:
- Post-Operative Rehabilitation for Shoulder, Hip, Knee, Ankle and Foot — Virginia Mason Sports Medicine physical therapists have more than 30 years of clinical experience in all stages of post-operative orthopedic rehabilitation. Our scope also includes rehabilitation of patients with total hip, knee and shoulder replacements. We work closely with Virginia Mason physicians, orthopedic surgeons and podiatrists to provide the highest level of coordinated medical care. Whether you are returning to competitive sports, returning to your demanding occupation or tending to your garden, our approach to therapy will be tailored to your individual needs.
- Sports Rehabilitation — Our physical therapists and athletic trainers at Virginia Mason have extensive experience helping patients return to individual and team sports following a musculoskeletal injury. We provide sport specific rehabilitation services at every level of participation from the professional athlete to the recreational enthusiast. Our ultimate goal is to help patients return to their desired activities feeling healthier, stronger and safer than they were prior to their injury.
- Rehabilitation for General Musculoskeletal Conditions of the Extremities — Our professional staff are experienced in helping you to return to your life activities after a musculoskeletal injury, whether you are a world-class athlete or a "Weekend Warrior."
- Gait Analysis — We offer professional biomechanical gait analysis services. It is proven that understanding and correcting problems during the dynamics of your body in motion is a critical component to successfully returning to pain free life activities.
- Bicycle Fitting — We offer professional bicycle fitting services for cyclists who have musculoskeletal injuries. A properly adjusted bicycle is essential to your comfort, speed of recovery and to the prevention of repetitive stress injuries.
To schedule an appointment with one of our physical therapists at Virginia Mason Sports Medicine, call (206) 223-7530.