My First Day
Welcome To the Virginia Mason Team!
Please review the following information to prepare for your first day at Virginia Mason.
First Day Schedule
- Begin your first day at 8 a.m. and arrive 15 minutes early to allow for unexpected delays. Your first day will end around 4:30 p.m.
- If you are unable to attend your scheduled Orientation contact your recruiter as soon as possible.
- What to wear - Please come dressed in business casual attire (no shorts, jeans or flip flops). Please wear comfortable shoes as there will be a tour of our main campus. The tour will take you both indoors and outdoors so please dress accordingly for the weather. You may reference Virginia Mason's Work Appearance Standards for additional information.
Directions to Orientation
- Orientation for new team members takes place in Human Resources, located in the Metropolitan Park West building, 1100 Olive Way, Suite 534. Driving directions can be found here.
- Public transportation - Call Metro, (206) 553-3000 or visit Metro Online for information on the best routes for reaching Virginia Mason from your home. More questions about transportation or parking options? Contact Virginia Mason Parking & Commuter Services at (206) 625-7385.
We encourage the use of public transportation however if you choose to drive on your first day we will validate the Early Bird parking rate if you park in the Metropolitan Park EAST parking garage (entry before 8:00 am). Bring your parking ticket with you as we will need the ticket number in order to validate your parking.
Note: IMPARK operates parking garages in both the Metropolitan Park WEST and EAST buildings, but only the Metropolitan Park EAST garage offers an early bird rate that we can validate for you. Please use the EAST garage.
What To Bring Checklist
1. Identification documents so Virginia Mason can verify your identity and work eligibility.
- Click here to review the list of acceptable identification documents to bring on your first day.
- A copy of the I-9 Form will be provided at New Hire Orientation. You will complete it at that time.
- To review the I-9 instructions in more detail, click here.
2. Personal health records – Click here for requirements of what to bring on your first day.
3. Print, complete and bring ALL the forms below to your first day of New Hire Orientation. For forms requiring your employee number, it will be provided during orientation.
- q New Employee Registration
- q Form W-4 (2017)
- q Direct Deposit Form
- q Confidentiality Agreement
- q Identification Badge Policy
- q Veteran Invitation to Self-Identify
- q Self-Identification of Disability
- q Employee Health New Hire Release Form
4. Patient Care Technician or Emergency Technicians – Click here for additional credential paperwork.
Other Important Information
- To learn more about Virginia Mason benefits click here.
- If you need an ADA accommodation, contact your recruiter.
- If you are unable to print and complete the required forms prior to New Hire Orientation, please contact your recruiter.