The Infectious Diseases Department at Virginia Mason is among the best in the region with a highly-skilled and experienced team of board-certified specialists. Our providers are leading experts in the field and have been consistently nominated among Seattle’s Top Infectious Diseases doctors. We provide individualized care for patients 16 years and older with the entire spectrum of possible or confirmed infectious diseases. We work closely with physicians in the community and throughout the center to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care.
Our services include consultation and treatment for:
- General infectious diseases such as skin and soft tissue infections, bone and joint infections, endocarditis, post-operative infections, urinary infections, gastrointestinal infections, including C. difficile, and fever of unknown origin.
- HIV care: Our providers are highly experienced in the care of HIV-1-infected patients and typically provide primary care for them as well.
- Hepatitis B and C
- Exposure to blood borne pathogens
- STD diagnosis and treatment
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention
- Fungal and mycobacterial infections, including TB
- Infections associated with medical devices and procedures
- Infections in immunocompromised patients, including those with cancers and organ transplants
- Pre-travel counseling with evaluations and immunizations for patients 12 and older. We recommend making an appointment four to six weeks prior to departure.
- Post travel infections, such as malaria, dengue and parasitic infections
- Outpatient IV antibiotic management
To Make an Appointment
To make an appointment or for more information, please call (206) 341-0846.