|DDI Innovation Director, Lily Chang, MD, teaches a surgical resident during a suturing lab.|
The Digestive Disease Institute's emphasis on innovation, led by director Lily Chang, MD, FACS, supports the multidisciplinary work of our providers and Centers of Excellence in exploring cutting edge therapies, technologies, and care pathways for treating patients with complex digestive diseases. This work has led to many breakthroughs in digestive disease care at Virginia Mason.
Innovation initiatives at the Digestive Disease Institute encompass a broad range of activities, including:
- Hosting lectures for the community and selected patient audiences on the latest updates in digestive disease
- Partnering with community agencies such as the Seattle Science Foundation and the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America
- Collaborating in therapeutic endoscopy and minimally invasive surgery to develop and give patients enhanced options for effective, non-standard approaches to the treatment of digestive disease
- Supporting the trial and testing of new technology by working with vendors of sophisticated, highly advanced equipment used in treatment and diagnosis of digestive and liver disease
- Connecting with appreciative patients who wish to support the Digestive Disease Institute in discovering new knowledge about treatment of digestive disease