Virginia Mason strongly supports community service efforts. Specific examples of Virginia Mason's community service include:
- Bailey-Boushay House — Bailey-Boushay House is a specialized care center for people with AIDS and other complex needs. To make a referral, call (206) 322-5300.
- Separation and Loss Services — Provides bereavement support to the community.
- Partnerships with community clinics to provide training for internal medicine (IM) residents.
- Support for the International District Village Square Project — A new collaborative center linking affordable elderly housing, a child-care center, a primary health care clinic and community services in the International District.
- Community partnerships directly address the most pressing health needs and provide educational/vocational support to at-risk youth.
- Annual United Way contributions by Virginia Mason staff.
- Employee-sponsored Sweet Charity Auction which supports uncompensated care and charitable projects at Virginia Mason.